Thursday, December 4, 2008

Puppy Update

So as some of you know the kennel where I purchased my first puppy in Mexia, Texas is being really difficult to deal with in regards to A) either giving me another puppy or B) giving me a refund....they keep going back and forth as to whether or not they will give me another dog and apparently option B is out of the question.

Well, I was looking at puppies yesterday from different breeders and advertisements and came across a breeder in Houston. She had 3 females left and they were $350 each...I emailed her and told her about my first puppy and that I was in the market for a new one possibly. We emailed several times and she said that they would let me have one for $300. I was pretty excited b/c that was still less than $350 and I'm already out $450 from my first pup. She sent me an email tonight giving me her address so that I could come and see them and in the email she wrote this...

"I have some good news. My husband and I were talking about what happened to you with your other puppy and we would like to just give you one of ours if that is ok. I know you have a long trip ahead of you and that they are not willing to refund your money so maybe this will help you out. Just let me know if that is good with you."

Are you serious!?!?! I jumped on that quickly and was ecstatic!!! What a GENEROUS gesture.... So, I am going to Dayton (45 min. East of Houston) in the morning to pick her up and then driving home for Christmas (actually to Burleson first). Needless to say, I'm excited about a new puppy and have a very long day of driving ahead of me.... I will post pics of her as soon as I have some! :)

No comments: